Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Independence Day is "Wear your ALL STARS Shirt Day".

I had this ridiculously fun idea of "requiring" the Clan's Choreographer'z Birth Team to wear them Sun and Stars Shirts this coming Thursday, as our form of celebrating and remembering Independence Day. I seriuosly hope they comply to my simple request. Haha.

Anyways, I had one of the best mobile phone conversations ever late this afternoon. I mentioned to Sheena (yes, Sheena Vera Cruz of the Philippine All Stars) thru text the idea I had and she sent me a message acknowledging the planned activity. Around five minutes later, Sheena called me and told me that she and Kuya Ken (Kenneth "Kenjhons" Serrano) discussed and liked my idea. She was really excited about the fact that this could be an official event or gathering of some sort come this Thursday. They want to invite all gangstas to wear them Sun and Stars or any All Stars shirt and gather up somewhere and celebrate the Independence Day as one community. The thought of having tons of people gathered in one place, all wearing them shirts gave me chills and got me teary eyed. Sheer Nationalism and Patriotism highly accentuated with Filipino Hip-hop. How cool is that, eh?

Anyways, the "event" is still not an official event though. I hope it pushes through, though. Eventhough the Clan might not be able to participate due to lack of fundings for tranpostation and all, and also because we're doing tons of things for our own concert this coming July.

If all goes well and the gathering takes place, I think it can really be considered as the commemoration of the Independence Day, offered by today's generation. It's time to give back to the land we love. Almost always we hear people proclaim that they "love the Philippines" and that they're "proud to be Filipinos!", but let's take it a step further. Let our actions speak for what we truly feel for our country and for our countrymen. Share this day with people who feel the same way. Share it with people who, despite all the glitches our economy and politics have, still believe that our country will someday rise from all adversities. Share our Independence with the World!

Be proud y'all!

Pinoy Pride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of wearing those is great. Celebrating the independence day of our country is another thing, though.

Look at how the holiday was disrespectfully marred with swappings. I am really fed up with this kind of system. Not to mention, there are still other people who value their citizenship but not as much as people were during the old times.

Sure enough, we often hear commoners saying that they are proud to be Filipinos but the sincerity is frequently clouded.

It's a good thing I stumbled upon your blog. I find you as someone who can truly express his feelings and not just merely writes for the sake of blogging per se.

Have a good day, Chris.

Chris said...

Thanks for the visit/comment, man.

I totally agree with you with the holiday swapping thing. I still don't get it. Holidays are abnormal nowadays because of that system.

And yes, I believe that people need to be more sincere. The only ones they're fooling by saying things they don't mean is themselves pa rin naman eh. It's all about speaking the truth. If you're proud to be Pinoy, then speak out. If you're not, uhm, well, get out. Kidding aside. Haha. I'm sure you get my point, bro.

Haha. Anyways, I've been reading your blog and it's amusing. Hehe. I'll try and read the whole thing tonight. Hehe.

Good luck and God Bless with everything, mate!